Strike A Chord Teachers’ Conference
Posted by Musica Viva Australia | Aug 11, 2022
Registration close this Sunday, 14 August, for Musica Viva Australia’s Strike A Chord Teachers’ Conference.
The Strike A Chord Teachers Conference is a one-day conference designed to provide teachers with the tools and strategies needed to build expertise in the teaching of chamber music at secondary school level.
The conference is available either in-person at Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music, Monash University, or online via livestream. The livestream will only present the sessions from the main auditorium – the other breakout sessions will be recorded and made available to view after the conference.
University Partner: the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music and Performance at Monash University
In person: Attend in person at Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music, Monash University, Melbourne 9.00am-4.05pm
Online: 9.00am-4.05pm (selected sessions will be livestreamed, and remaining sessions recorded for later viewing)
- Keynote address by Paul Grabowsky AO .
- Open Coaching and workshop sessions led by stellar Monash University music faculty including Anna McMichael, Aura Go and Nicole Canham .
- Get your gavottes and galliards grooving in a participatory Baroque Dance workshop with baroque bassoon superstar (and celebrity gardener) Simon Rickard .
- Presentations by esteemed Australian National Academy of Music faculty Howard Penny and Timothy Young .
- Specialist session for vocal teachers with Steven Hodgson .
- A fascinating discussion and demonstration on blending western and non-western instruments featuring Aaron Wyatt (viola), Hari Sivanesan (veena), Pantelis Krestas (bouzouki) and Chloe Chung (dizi).
- Plus plenty of valuable networking opportunities with conference attendees from across Australia.
Registrations now open until Sunday 14 August.
For more about the program and pricing visit www.musicaviva.com.au/strikeachord/teachers-conference/