The ‘Performing Arts Teacher of the Year’ award celebrates the outstanding achievements of the country’s performing arts teachers and educators.
Without performing arts teachers and educators, the talent pool would not be encouraged, nurtured, or developed with skill and technique. Often our teachers are not fully appreciated for their passion, inspiration, and dedication in providing students with guidance, encouragement, and education to explore the performing arts.
In the APATA National Award Program you will read ‘Performing arts education focus can be a combination of performing arts disciplines or a stand-alone area of specialisation’.
This means you may educate, teach or train across several areas (i.e., dance, music, singing, film and screen, etc.) or perhaps you focus on one area of expertise (e.g., dance, drama or circus)
- All entrants are required to respond to the ‘Selection Criteria’ that provide judges with context (1,000 words max).
- Please include attachments and links in your application that support your ‘Selection Criteria’ response and demonstrate your body of work. This may include, although not limited to, testimonials, resources, individual curriculum vitae, letters of support, images, program overview, extra-curriculum programming, school community initiatives, links to video clips, etc.
Please note membership can be held in any category for self-nominated entry or peer nominations, except ‘Student Membership Level’.
- Individual Membership – Teacher / Educator / Industry Practitioner
- School Membership – Primary & Secondary / Performing Arts Schools / Studios / Higher Education
- Industry Membership – Arts Companies / Organisations (school and training programs)