Vicki Attard and the My Pointe Masterclass
Posted by Team APATA | Jul 24, 2023
APATA is proud to present Vicki Attard with the My Pointe Masterclass.
From Mackay to the world stage, Vicki Attard is former Principal Artiste, The Australian Ballet Company, former Interim Director of The Houston Ballet Academy. Ballet Coach & Teacher and Designer & Author ‘My Pointe’ & ‘My Beginner Pointe’ with Lisa Howell.
What you will learn in the My Pointe Masterclass
Sunday 10th September internationally acclaimed Vicki Attard will facilitate this two-hour intensive LIVE virtual masterclass demonstrating pointe work for teachers and students in the studio requiring supplementary pointe work. Increase sensitivity, develop control, heighten awareness and awaken new muscles when working en pointe.
Attard will bring to the masterclass her exceptional experience sharing not only sound dance knowledge but also her expertise as a master en pointe.
This is an absolute must for all dancers and teachers working en pointe.
Opportunity to Q&A throughout the session will be available to master your pointe techniques and improve practice.
When is the My Pointe Masterclass?
Vicki Attard’s LIVE Virtual session is Sunday, 10 September 2023 at 10:30am – 12:30pm AEST
To ensure you don’t miss out – Please check your regions start time and add to your calendar.
- Sunday, 10 September 10:30am AEST (ACT, NSW, QLD, TAS, VIC)
- Sunday, 10 September 10:00am ACST (SA, NT)
- Sunday, 10 September 8:30am AWST (WA)
- NOTE* Session link will be provided a few days before the LIVE Online Masterclass.
All About Vicki Attard
Vicki Attard comes from Mackay, Queensland, where she studied ballet with Dawn Armstrong and Betty Meskell before her acceptance into The Australian Ballet School.
In 1985 she joined The Australian Ballet and was promoted to Coryphee in 1987, Soloiste in 1991, Senior Artiste in 1992 and Principal Artiste in 1993. She joined Sydney Dance Company for its 1989 season and rejoined The Australian Ballet in 1990.
Attard performed all principal roles and many and varied leading roles during her 15-year career with the Australian Ballet.
Her many leading roles include those in In The Middle, Somewhat Elevated, Beyond Bach, Afternoon of a Faun, Jardi Tancat, Return to a Strange Land, Nuages, Symphony in C, Suite en Blanc, Las Hermanas and Stepping Stones, the title roles of Giselle, La Sylphide, Anna Karenina and Manon, Odette/Odile in Swan Lake, Kitri in Don Quixote, Clara, The Ballerina in Graeme Murphy’s Nutcracker, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet, Swanhilda in Coppelia, Hanna in The Merry Widow, Lise in La Fille mal Gardee, Katherina in The Taming of the Shrew, Ada in The Competition and Tatiana in Onegin. Vicki Attard created the role of Cio Cio San in the world premiere of Stanton Welch’s Madame Butterfly in 1995, the same year she won the James & Diana Ramsay Scholarship which enabled her to study in Copenhagen, London and Netherlands. 1997 included leading roles in the world premiere season of Stanton Welch’s Cinderella, Stephen Page’s Rites for the Melbourne Festival, Gemini, In the Upper Room, and Apollo. As well, she received the Mo Award for Best Female Dancer of 1996. In 1997 Ms Attard performed the roles of Nikiya in La Bayadere, Lizzie in Fall River Legend and Imogen in 1914. She also performed in Por vos Meuro and with David McAllister in El Tango as part of the Collaborations season.
Highlights of Vicki’s career included dancing Kitri, Don Quixote on the opening night of the Washington season with David McAllister (current Artistic Director of The Australian Ballet), the title role of Manon in Tokyo with Li Cunxin (current Artist Director of the Queensland Ballet) and the opening and all subsequent performances of Cio Cio Sa in Madame Butterfly for the New York season with Damien Welch.
“The role of Madame Butterfly gives Vicki Attard, already one of the company’s most expressive and sublime dancers, extra distinction. She is a perfect Madame Butterfly – a tragic, yearning and very willing victim. Her arabesques are perfectly still, her pirouettes are perfectly straight, her arms perfectly extended. ” (Catherine Lambert)
Vicki toured the world with The Australian Ballet including London, Greece, Italy, Russia, China, Japan, New Zealand, United States of America and Thailand.
Vicki has been the recipient of numerable scholarships enabling her to study in Copenhagen, London and Netherlands with world renowned coaches. Vicki was blessed to have been able to work with some of the world’s leading coaches and choreographers, including Gelsey Kirkland, Natalia Makarova, Dame Margaret Scott, Glen Tetley, Nacho Duato and William Forsythe.
Vicki retired at the end of 1999, and immediately undertook and received a Graduate Diploma in Dance Instruction.
APATA Members FREE
- Individual Level Teacher/Practitioner/Student membership holder? (Limited to 1x FREE Ticket ) Please enter your APATA Username or account name when making your booking.
- School, Organisation or Company Level membership holders? (Limited to 2 x FREE Tickets) Please enter your APATA Username or school, studio, company, business or venue name when booking your tickets.
Special Discount for Members wanting additional tickets.
- Members can SAVE over 50% ($33) on additional tickets for friends
- For Individual members (1 x FREE, then $22 for each additional ticket, plus GST.)
- For Schools/Organisation group members (Group of 2 x FREE, then $22 for each additional ticket, plus GST. )
- Members choose APATA Member Extra Ticket when booking additional guests.
Students (Non-APATA Members) $22.00 plus GST (Student ID number required)
- Students will be required to enter their (USI) Unique Student Identifier per ticket.
Adult (Non-APATA Members) $55.00 plus GST
- Save on annual APATA Events by becoming an APATA subscription member.
- Learn more about APATA Membership Benefits and consider Joining Us today!
For additional pricing details and information on joining APATA events please read this article!
Professional Development Certificates
PD Certificates of hours completed will be issued to the LIVE virtual masterclass attendees only.
Vicki Attard – My Pointe Masterclass Booking Information
The below Trybooking link will complete your booking at www.trybooking.com
- Once purchased you will receive a booking confirmation from Trybooking with ticket/s and invoice.
- The Masterclass ZOOM link will be sent a few days out from the event.
- Subsequent reminders will be sent in the lead-up to event day to the booking-maker’s email address.
- Making a multiple booking for your team? The booking maker receives all event communication.
- When purchasing more than one ticket it is mandatory to complete the required details (email addresses) for each person to ensure zoom links are received by all ticket holders