[TERMS & CONDITIONS]
APATA National Awards Program
We are delighted you want to participate in the APATA National Awards Program. This document is our ‘Terms and Conditions’, and if you want to participate in the awards program, you’ll need to adhere to a few things that we’ve outlined for you below.
As with any fair competition, if you don’t comply with these terms, we have the right to disqualify you or declare your entry ineligible so it’s important to take note of these terms.
Our privacy statement will apply for your involvement in the awards here at https://www.apata.com.au/privacy/ As part of your participation, we collect all kinds of information relating to you and your organisation, including your contact details and responses to the selection criteria to share with the nominated judging panel. We may share this information with our related entities, business partners, sponsors or other third-party service providers engaged to help us with the awards. By participating you consent those with access to your information to use it to administer the awards, send you marketing, invite you to be part of our initiatives including case studies, polls/surveys and to improve any products and services of ours, our related entities and our sponsors.
If you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you or wish to withdraw your consent to receive awards material, please contact the APATA Awards Team via email: email@example.com
One last thing – any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ includes you in your personal capacity, as a representative of the individual/organisation/school, as well as the individual/organisation/school being entered into the awards.
To enter the awards, the following is required:
- Reside in Australia or New Zealand
- APATA Membership
- Award period covers from 1 January – 31 December.
Make sure you read the How to Enter and ‘Award Selection Criteria’ requirements carefully as we take the integrity of our awards program seriously. We’re proud of the awards program, so if we think you’re doing anything to bring the program into disrepute, we may have to disqualify you.
Let’s get started
- Instructions on How to Enter, the awards categories and the process of judging is set out in the criteria and online HERE. These sections also form part of the ‘Terms and Conditions’.
- Entries must be submitted by Midnight AEDT, 1st March. (Check your time zone) You must complete the entry requirements and anything you include in your entry form must be true and correct.
What we expect from you
- If you are a finalist or a winner, we may need you to be available for promotional appearances for us or our sponsors. We’ll give you at least seven calendar days’ notice of the time, date, and location each time you’re required. We’ll also pay any reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for your representation at these appearances should they be outside the official awards presentation.
- You agree that we may use your logo, identity, details, in any way, in any material which promotes or presents the awards or the products or services of us or our sponsors. You agree to allow us and the sponsors to contact you to provide comments about the awards and to take photos or video footage of you, school/organisation and your representative(s) and use any of the material collected as part of your participation. If we do use any of the materials listed above, you grant us a royalty free, perpetual, and irrevocable licence to use the materials for promotional purposes.
- All intellectual property rights related to the awards, including the information and data we collect, belong to us or our sponsors for the purpose of the awards only. You still own any intellectual property rights you already owned prior to entering the awards.
- We reserve the right to withdraw an award if there are no eligible entrants to receive that award.
- By accepting an award, you agree to participate in and cooperate as required with all reasonable marketing activities relating to the award, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed, recorded. We reserve the right to use your comments, image and name for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity without compensation.
- An award, or any unused portion of an award, cannot be transferred, exchanged, or redeemed for cash. All other expenses associated with the awards are the responsibility of the finalists and winners. If an award has not been claimed, it will be distributed at our absolute discretion.
- We reserve the right, at any time, and in our sole discretion, to (a) request entrants to provide proof of identity and/or proof of valid entry (b) disqualify any entrant who we have reason to believe has breached any of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct or any conduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the awards. Entries are accepted at the time of receipt by us. We will not be held liable for any entries not received for any reason during the entry and submission period.
- We are not liable for any award that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way after it leaves our possession.
- We are not responsible for any variation in the value of an award. If we are unable to provide a winner with an award, we will supply an alternative award of equal value and/or specification.
- If for any reason, we are not able to conduct the awards as planned, including due to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, any technical difficulties or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, we reserve the right in our sole discretion to take any action that may be available.
- We exclude all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability or merchantability of an award, except those that cannot be excluded by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Law, is limited to the payment of the costs of having the award supplied again.
- To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss), or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion, including the supply of goods or services by any person to the award winners, and where applicable to any persons accompanying the award winners. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the award.
The Small Print
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage, or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the awards. You will indemnify us and our officers, employees or agents against any loss or liability for any claim or action that arises as a result of a breach of these ‘Terms and Conditions’ by you, or your use of the materials or information supplied by you under these ‘Terms and Conditions’. You irrevocably and unconditionally consent to all acts being done that would otherwise breach your moral rights.
If we are unable to provide a winner with an award, we will supply an alternative award of similar value. Awards are not transferable or exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. If an award has not been claimed, it will be distributed at our absolute discretion.