GET READY – Audition Preparation and PresentationDr Linda Sastradipradja & Kalman Warhaft
10am AEST - Monday 18 July, 2022.
APATA Members: FREE / Non-Members $75.00
Virtual Online Workshop
After delivering the What are our Potentials for 2022 Workshop earlier this year, Linda and Kalman have returned to tackle the challenge of auditions.
ABOUT THIS WORKSHOP:
This 1.5hr virtual workshop will assist you with getting your students Audition Ready!
Let’s focus on:
- Clarity – Identifying the key points that auditioners are looking for, and devising the clearest choreography, costuming, staged perspectives (live and videoed) and descriptions.
- Expectations – Understanding the auditioner’s/examiner’s and the student’s expectations, creating a connecting bridge between them, and managing conflicting expectations.
- Adaptability – Providing students with a resilient and realistic approach to their dance training to develop skills of adapting to differing situations.
- Presentation – Selecting skills that can be confidently executed under stressful situations with confidence and incorporating them choreographically or otherwise.
FAQ SESSION: PRE-SUBMIT YOUR AUDITION QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
- Submit your FAQ [Frequently asked questions and concerns] ahead of our live workshop with Dr Linda Sastradipradja and Kalman Warhaft.
- FAQ’s are due by 5pm AEST, Friday 15 July.
- Linda and Kalman will address your submitted FAQ’s at the end of the live session on Monday 18 July – so feel free to to pop in everything that matters to you.
- This will ensure our presenters can respond as best they can, giving you the feedback you need to be audition ready!
- To let Kalman and Linda know your audition questions, concerns and thoughts simply fill in the FAQ form: https://forms.gle/z9UtKQDwJQ95ixQ29
Dr Linda Sadstradipradja: Linda currently works at the National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA), integrating dance techniques, skills and creative approaches into NICA’s training and performance programs. Linda continues to work in close association with many international and Australian performing arts companies and practicing artists, and actively contributes to national and state artistic organisations as a panelist, consultant and contributing writer.
Kalman Warhaft: A renowned dancer, Kalman was a member of Sydney Dance Company under Graeme Murphy AM and Janet Vernon. He is a founding member of Mod Dance Company and has performed in a multitude of works across opera and ballet.
Kalman has amassed a large following, teaching dance in schools, universities, and academies across Australia. In 2017, he opened Melbourne Institute of Dance, a community dance education centre, allowing students from the age of 3 to 83 years old to attend dance classes that nurture their passion for dance – one step at a time.
WHEN: 10am AEST, Monday 18 July 2022.
Bookings are essential.
APATA Members FREE / Non-Members $75.00.
ZOOM workshop access details will be provided in a follow up email once your booking is confirmed.
All event communication is directed to the email address of the person who made the booking, unless otherwise advised. *
*Please note for this ZOOM workshop, if you have booked a ticket on behalf of/or for someone else you will need to advise us of their name and email address via email@example.com to ensure they receive all relevant event communication up to, and on event day to avoid them missing out.